Fear not attendees, it looks like the rain will blow over in time for the party to happen tomorrow. If for some reason mother nature tries to screw with us, we’ll make a last minute rain call, pushing it back to July 3, because really, no one wants to watch concerts or drink for 4 hours in the rain.
Some notes for the party:
1. Bring cash. Your first drink is on us, but after that, two out of three bars will only be accepting cash. There are a couple ATMs on the premise just in case you find yourself short on dollars. Drinks for the night will include: Yards Brawler, Yards Philly Pale Ale, Yards Saison, Victory Summer Love, PBC Walt Wit, Neshaminy Creek Trauger Pilsner, House-made sangria, and a Root + Rye cocktail made from Bulleit Rye, Root from Art in the Age, Orange bitters, and fresh orange.
2. Bring cash. There will be a bunch of vendors at the party selling their amazing Philly wares, and we’re hoping you’ll support them. They include Duke & Winston, US*U.S., Art Star, Dear Adelaide Design, Philadelphia Independents, Hog Island Press and Eyes Habit, and Wear Liberty.
3. Enter the Instagram Contest. Rachel Hara and I will be choosing four winners today to receive two tickets, and an amazing Philly swag bag filled with gifts from our vendors PLUS Pilot and Captain, Quirk Books, and Girls Can Tell. To win, tag your old and new Philly photos with #whyilovephilly_SSHP and add in a short line about why you love the city.
4. Come hungry. We’ll be sampling the #whyilovephilly Little Baby’s ice cream called Strawberry Mansion Shortcake. In addition, our concessionaire will be selling all types of boardwalk snacks, and the Garces Group will be soft launching the Blue Anchor, the pop-up restaurant on the floating barges with a menu TBA.
5. Be prepared to be filmed, so look nice (or not, just be ready to have your photos taken). Poseybooth, Skout Media, P’unk Ave, and our very talented photographer Matt Stanley have very generously donated their services to provide you with tons of photos and videos.
6. Listen to some amazing music. XPN welcomes the release of Ron Gallo’s solo album, “Ronny,” with sets by The Lawsuits and Up the Chain. Check ’em out before the show and support Philly’s local music scene.
7. Take public transit, bike, or walk. If you need to drive, we have paid parking lots at Walnut and Lombard Streets at Columbus Blvd, and there is some street parking in the area.
8. Get ready to have your mind blown. It has been an honor to work on Spruce Street Harbor Park with a team of incredibly talented artists, craftsmen, site operations, and hell, even our security. The park would not exist without them, and for that, I am and you should be eternally grateful. The site is fantastically beautiful, better than I think any of us could have expected. When I saw it last night with all the lights on, I nearly cried. So welcome to your new summer home.
9. Thank our sponsors. We’d like to give an enormous thanks to our sponsors. A bunch of them will be on-site for the party, and we couldn’t have done it without them. Please be sure to visit them, say hi, and learn about what they’re doing to make our fair city even better.
Sponsors: FringeArts, Green Mountain Energy Company, United by Blue, TicketLeap, Enterprise Car Share, Sixers Cave, SEER Interactive, Young Involved Philadelphia, I-Site, Think Brownstone, NextFab, P’unk Ave, Hooley, Wash Cycle Laundry, Little Baby’s Ice Cream, PHL Made, and Philly Bike Tour Co.