Yesterday, my good friends Leigh Goldenberg (who’s helping to organize the #whyilovephilly party) and Aaron Bauman, along with one of Little Baby’s owners, Martin Brown, teamed up to make a new, Philly-centric flavor = Soft pretzel ice cream with Tastykake Butterscotch Krimpets, a soft pretzel swirl, and Goldenberg Peanut Chews as a topping. The result will premiere at the #whyilovephilly party on Friday, but needless to say, the initial tastes were amazing.
1. Toasting the Philly soft pretzels and letting them soak overnight in the dairy base
2. Straining the pretzels out of the dairy base (they were actually delicious — bread pudding like)
3. Chopping, lots of chopping
4. Pureeing the pretzels and putting into a large piping bag
5. Making the soft pretzel ice cream in the ice cream maker
6. A layer of ice cream, a layer of Krimpets and pureed pretzel, a layer of ice cream — mix thoroughly, top with Krimpets
7. Into the blast freezer overnight and fingers crossed for the premiere at the party
If you’re interested in trying the new #whyilovephilly flavor, join us at the party this Friday, December 6 from 6-9PM at the Arden Theatre’s Hamilton Family Arts Center. Admission is free, though a donation is needed to get food and drink tickets (all local, of course!). Full details are at our registration page.
This party would not be possible without all of our food and drink sponsors, including Little Baby’s Ice Cream and more!